Monday, September 22, 2008

Hallelujah, everybody say cheese. Merry Christmas from the Family

Can you believe it's only 3 months until Christmas?? Seriously. Where does the time go?

If you're like me, you promise every year to buy early AND have your gifts wrapped and ready to be placed under the tree before the last of the Thanksgiving turkey and green bean casserole is eaten. Perfect gifts that are, without a doubt, wrapped so creatively (handmade tags, perfectly executed bows, maybe even a theme!) that Martha herself would be jealous.

Now if you are really like me, you will do a little Windows shopping early, but not order anything because you want to purchase everything at once to save on shipping. Or you may see something at the mall and decide to wait because it will surely go on sale in three months, right? Next thing you know, it's December 23rd and you're paying to valet at the mall because you can't find a space to park and you almost get into a knock down drag out fight over the last roll of crappy poinsettia gift wrap at Target.

So I'm putting this out there now, so I will be accountable to all of you:

I will shop early. Wrap early. And find perfect gifts for everyone on my list.

And, as luck would have it. I came across my first purchase this morning, and it's SO CUTE I have to share it with all of you:

Is that not the cutest place mat ever?? DoodleBug isn't super into pirates, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. And this is so darn cute that I HAVE to get it for him!

They have super-cute ones for little girls, too:


Check out the selection at Two Sisters Ink*. They'll even do custom orders! Just don't wait until the last minute....I know how you are.

*In the interest of full disclosure, my friend and former boss is one of the two sisters. But I would totally buy these even if I didn't adore her. It's not like she signs my paychecks anymore.

Today's title selection: Merry Christmas from the Family - Robert Earl Keen

2 comments:

It's All About ME said...

first - i have to say you have the best blog ever! very fun, very creative. i am really new to this and typically can figure things out on my own - but this is confusing me. how did you get the large pic and bar across the top with your name "It was funny in my head" across it?? i have tried everything possible and can't figure it out?

Margaret Speed said...

Those mats are super cute. So the etsy page says they have chalkboard paint on the back...so can you write/color on the backs too??? That would be amazing, just in principle.

Boys can like ponies too. Actually the neighbor boy liked my My Little Ponies more than I did, I think. :)

Stealing Content Sucks!

© Copyright 2008, It Was Funny In My Head
All Rights Reserved.
itwasfunnyinmyhead at yahoo dot com