Tuesday, August 12, 2008

If I close my eyes forever...

In my short 33 years, I've done some pretty cool stuff - hiked the Grand Canyon...stood on the star at Texas Stadium...danced in a parade at Epcot Center. But I still have a million things I want to do in my lifetime. So...in an effort to keep track of it all, I started my official "Things to Do Before I Die" list today:

1. Take a Train Trip. The only train I've ever been on was the Heathrow Express in London and that doesn't really count. I want to go on a real train trip...with a sleeper car, dinner service and all that - just like the Orient Express (only without all that murder stuff). I'm sure in reality it's not so glamorous, but I want to see for myself.

2. Write the Great American Novel. I can never think of an idea that I like well enough to spend an insane amount of time writing about (much less one that I feel others would find compelling enough to read). But I will one day and then y'all can be like, "You know that best-selling author, Ro? The one whose book was optioned for that new movie starring Brad Pitt and Nikki Sixx? Yeah...I was totally one of her tens of blog readers back in the day."

3. Meet a parrot that talks. I've never seen one in person, and this just seems like something everyone should experience at least once in their lives, don't you think?

4. Visit the Galapagos Islands. This is definitely high on our list of vacation destinations. And we only have 3 weddings left this year, so we might actually get to start rebuilding our savings account (which has been depleted thanks to the tons of destination weddings we attended recently).

5. Meet Willie Nelson. He's probably not going to be around much longer, so I'd better get on this one. I've seen him in concert a million times, but think it would kick ass to hang out with him. And if I just happen to be in the neighborhood when it's time for his "medicine" -- even better.

So what's on your list?

Today's title selection: Close My Eyes Forever - Lita and Ozzy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh. I'd have to give my list some thought. I'd like to meet Willie, too. I've seen him perform before and am glad I got to at least to do that (because I never got to see Johnny Cash or Waylon Jennings!). But I don't see that happening for me anytime soon. Good list! And best of luck with it; especially the novel. I'll settle for publishing mass paperback cheesy romances :) I think I only have tens of readers, too.

Melisa S. said...

I always think about making a list, but then I think about how it may never get done and I would just end up disappointed!

My parents have a macaw that talks...he's actually very cool. He doesn't talk on command, mostly he starts when he thinks no one is around paying him any attention. There are two 12 year olds in the house and they spend a lot of time yelling for my mom. So guess what the bird loves to say? Maaa...it's hysterical cause he sounds just like them! And it drives my mother crazy.

Margaret Speed said...

as an anthro dork, I'm sure you're not surprised that I also would totally kill to go to the Galapagos. WANT!

Stealing Content Sucks!

© Copyright 2008, It Was Funny In My Head
All Rights Reserved.
itwasfunnyinmyhead at yahoo dot com