Thursday, February 7, 2008

What? Me Blog?

I realize this should've probably been my first post, but I was just so blinded by rage at the DVR that the other had to come first. I mean, really. Don't fuck with my tv shows. I know you understand. While we're on the subject, I will say that despite my lack of Biggest Loser-fueled motivation, I did manage to run two miles this afternoon. (But I would've gone three if it weren't for the DVR. No, really. I swear!)

Anyway, a little about me and my impetus for this whole blog thing.

  1. I grew up an only child. Not only that, I was an only child raised by my grandparents. This meant I spent a lot of time entertaining myself. It started with reading...
  2. I was (and still am) a voracious reader. In second grade we had to read 30 books by the end of the year. I read 276 (Seriously. I recently found the list). Which leads me to another fact about myself...
  3. I'm a people pleaser. I'm getting better about this, but it's one of those things that is a blessing and a curse (usually, a blessing to those who ask me to do things for them...and a curse to me who actually has to follow through). That doesn't really have much to do with my reasons for deciding to blog...I just thought you'd want to know (see...there I go again).
  4. I've always enjoyed writing. My first (and last) full-length book was in second grade (I think that's the year I peaked...I haven't before or since been so ambitious). It was a powerful and moving book...about my teacher and the boy in my class who was her "pet." Yeah, I was jealous that it wasn't me. Then I graduated to teen angst poetry (although I didn't have any, I imagined what I'd say if I did.). In college, I was known for rewriting song lyrics to amuse my friends (if you're ever interested in trying this, $1 longnecks and/or $5 pitchers make the process a lot easier). And these days, as an adult, I do my fair share of writing in my day job.
  5. I am funny. Well, I think I am anyway. Those around me a lot may disagree, but they aren't here to be annoyed by my cheesiness (or my overuse of parenthesis).
So, I decided to start one of these blog things all the kids are talking about. There's no "theme" or main focus. Well, I guess the theme could be lack of focus if you are one of those people who needs to label things. Anyway...I just wanted an outlet to vent, compose all those "Letters to the Editor" I always threaten to write (but never do), share some of the things I love a lot (or not so much) and brush up on my non-business writing skills. I can't promise what I write will always be of interest or entertaining to you, but stick around. At some point there will probably be something you can relate to. And if I say something you think is beyond stupid, I apologize. It was funny in my head.

No comments:

Stealing Content Sucks!

© Copyright 2008, It Was Funny In My Head
All Rights Reserved.
itwasfunnyinmyhead at yahoo dot com