Thursday, May 8, 2008

Are you gonna go my way?

If you're ever in Portland, Oregon, you must...I repeat MUST, check out Al Amir Lebanese Restaurant. We tried it on the recommendation of Heather...a cool chick who was outside smoking when we walked by (starved after an 4-hour flight and afternoon of downtown exploration and shopping). Heather (who was on her way to a B-52's concert and dressed appropriately I might add) practically pushed us through the front door. And I'm glad she did.

We started off with some much needed drinks...Lebanese Margaritas. Now, this southern girl knows her way around a margarita, but I'd never tried one of these (made with Amaretto). SO good. We shared the Tour of Lebanon (probably the only "tour" of Lebanon I'd ever like to go on). Oh. My. God. Everything was to die for. And the staff was so nice. We were trying to pay our check, when they brought out dessert and another (#3) LebMar (on the house!).

We stumbled to the light rail and made our way back to the hotel (I use that term loosely) - after jumping on the wrong train the first time (I blame the drinks).

So if you're ever here...check it out. But when it's time to stumble home...you're on your own.

Al Amir Lebanese Restaurant
223 SW Stark St
Portland, OR 97204
(503) 274-0010

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I need to make friends with Heather...did you reach into her beehive and snatch out a business card by any chance?

daddylikeyblog said...

OMG you are/were in Portland?? How did you like it? Did you feel the Daddy Likey essence? Wow that came out dirty...
In other news, I need to get my ass to this restaurant, pronto.

ro said...

I was and I did!

I was going to let you know and get some shopping tips, but I didn't want to be a creepy blog-stalker and since I was there for work I didn't have tons of free time.

Stealing Content Sucks!

© Copyright 2008, It Was Funny In My Head
All Rights Reserved.
itwasfunnyinmyhead at yahoo dot com