Thursday, April 10, 2008

Be-ware (s)he's possessed to skate!

I just returned from my first trip to the roller skating rink since college. (We had a "date party" at a rink about 12 years ago. BTW - beer+skates+hard floors=not our best idea). Before that, I hadn't skated in about 5 years. So basically I'm saying that it's been a LONG ass time since I strapped on the skates.

However, I am happy to report that I'm still pretty bad ass. I started out a little shaky, but after about 5 minutes, it was on like Donkey Kong (which incidentally, they had in the "game room," along with 4 mini-skee ball machines). Like my awesome skating skills, not much has changed since I went to skating rinks as a kid. There's the super-cute little girl in her purple skating skirt and matching skates (when that girl was me, mine were pink and I had huge fluffy pom-poms with bells tied to them...Don't tell the roller derby girls). And that 30-something chick with her custom wheels skate-dancing circles around everyone is still there (she's 50ish now and STILL a Rick Springfield groupie). And don't forget the creepy dude with facial hair, who's a little too good (and a little too old) to be totally normal - or allowed around little children.

In other words, it was a damn good time.

Well, aside from the massive blisters. And knowing my legs are going to be sore as hell tomorrow. And the fact that "Love Rollercoaster" is totally stuck in my head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suspect the 'roller-girls' are gonna wuv you and your pink pom-poms! Glad you read you can still bring!

Stealing Content Sucks!

© Copyright 2008, It Was Funny In My Head
All Rights Reserved.
itwasfunnyinmyhead at yahoo dot com