Thursday, April 24, 2008

Its a son of a gun of a chorus...

So this is the big Buffett weekend. TheProfessor (and the new boyfriend I get to meet Saturday!) touched down at 4am this morning (seven hours later than planned thanks to the crappy weather). I talked to her this afternoon and she'd just opened her first beer and was getting ready to kick off vacation. I thought she'd be further along...it was 4pm after all. I guess we're getting older.

So the Buffett concert...only a few of us are actually going. The group gets smaller every year, but as long as TheProfessor goes, I'm there, too. Interestingly enough, I do like him and even know a few songs, but my favorite song he sings at the concert isn't even his...it's Southern Cross by Crosby, Stills and Nash. Not sure if Young was in on that one or not, but Jimmy definitely wasn't.

Anyway, despite my sinus infection (which is much better...thanks for asking), I'm excited. I've been fielding e-mails from the girls figuring out who is bringing what on Saturday, what time we're meeting in the famous Buffett parking lot, what we're wearing and other important details. SuperHusband, Cowboy and I are leaving tomorrow afternoon to secure our spot in the RV parking lot and get everything set up (the t.v. is a critical detail as playoff hockey is tomorrow and the NFL draft is Saturday).

Did I mention I'm bringing my rollerskates?

Not sure how cocktails and skating will work, but as long as I don't step on a poptop, I think I'll be alright.

No comments:

Stealing Content Sucks!

© Copyright 2008, It Was Funny In My Head
All Rights Reserved.
itwasfunnyinmyhead at yahoo dot com