Monday, July 7, 2008

'Cause I'm back! Yes, I'm back...

We made it back from vacation in one piece! Well...unless you count the parts of my liver that I lost in Colorado and Utah. But more or less we returned unscathed. AND we had an amazing vacation.
Telluride was gorgeous! It was our first time there, but definitely won't be our last. Unfortunately, we had such a packed schedule that we totally didn't have time for brunch with Tom and Katie. But we did go white water rafting, eat some great food, hang out at some pretty kick ass bars and do a little exploring. And the wedding was at a cabin at about 12,000 feet and getting there (via a one-lane dirt road) was an adventure in and of itself.

Alta Lakes Observatory (site of the wedding)

Bear Lake was pretty relaxing, too. It was great hanging out with TheProfessor for three days straight. And we got to spend some quality time with Red, the new boyfriend (who has our official seal of approval, by the way).

We left Bear Lake at 10am on Saturday and drove straight through (with a brief stop to see some friends in Denver), pulling into our driveway at 8am on Sunday. SuperHusband drove the entire way! (And you wonder why I call him SuperHusband...)

So...now that I am back, I'm planning to knock your socks off with some amazing posts in the next few days. I have to report on a couple of funny events from the trip and I need to do my review of the AVN Awards (which I watched before I left AND took notes on...see, I do the heavy lifting so you don't have to!). So stick around...we're (finally) back to regularly scheduled programming!

Today's title selection: Back in Black - AC/DC

3 comments:

ATenorio said...

Gaaaaah! You were gone for-like-ever!!!!

Welcome home!!

Sarah said...

Welcome back! Amarillo to Dallas does, in fact, blow mighty chunks. Give SuperHusband a big High-5 for me.

Mama Bee said...

OMG, I checked your blog like a billion times when you were gone and I thought you had died or something!!

I definitely echo Pearl's sentiments of "Gaaaaaah!"

Stealing Content Sucks!

© Copyright 2008, It Was Funny In My Head
All Rights Reserved.
itwasfunnyinmyhead at yahoo dot com