Monday, June 9, 2008

I've got too much time on my hands...

I know I watch a lot of TV. Of course, I blame it on TiVo...that little sucker makes it too easy. In my defense, though...I'm usually multi-tasking (checking work e-mail off hours, reading a book/magazine, searching for new shows to tape, drinking...) so it's not like I am totally into what's on most of the time.

That being said, it takes a lot for me to dislike a reality show. Sure, there are some I'm over (Hello Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise!). But usually, even the terrible ones are so-bad-they're-good train wrecks that can hold my attention (like Farmer Wants a Wife with it's ridiculously out-of-place opening rap song and Rock of Love with its ridiculously coiffed star).

Anyway...I tell you all of this because I need to share my latest television disappointment:

The Next Food Network Star totally sucks.

I wanted to like it. I LOVE Top Chef (Go Stephanie!) and I liked last season's NFNS (Rory was totally robbed!). But we watched two episodes tonight and it was just bad. The contestants were all pretty boring, didn't seem to cook all that well (or that thoroughly...) AND a guy cried on the first episode (which is usually a deal breaker for me). For some reason we gave it another chance and watched episode two. Believe it or not, another contestant who screwed up started with the tears. Seriously...is that a requirement of this show? I seem to remember a lot of that last season, too.

Anyway, if you haven't watched it yet...don't bother. If you have and disagree...I'll be happy to hear your argument for it. I might tune in again...if for nothing else than to check out Lisa's cute outfits.

But probably not.

Today's title selection: Too Much Time on My Hands - Styx

3 comments:

KatBouska said...

I'm still not over the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows. Even though 99 percent of the relationships fail. They should let America pick. :) We're good at that.

I'm a reality tv junky too!

Anonymous said...

Guys crying...

Guys that cry on reality TV should only get one reward. He has to be on Flavor of Love, or even worse, I love New York.

Reality TV makes me want to stab my temple.

Unless it's about poker. That would be so cool....

ATenorio said...

I love the fact that you consider watching tv and drinking multi-tasking!

Sadly, I am still drawn to the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows too. I have to give them props for being the original find true love on tv type of show.

My latest disappointment: TLC's Master of Dance. In my defense, it was on when I turned on the tv, I didn't TiVo it. But I did see the previews and thought it looked like it could be entertaining. It was not. Zzzzzzz.

Stealing Content Sucks!

© Copyright 2008, It Was Funny In My Head
All Rights Reserved.
itwasfunnyinmyhead at yahoo dot com