Monday, June 23, 2008

Loaded like a freight train...flyin' like an aero-plane...

I finally made it home from St. Louis (insert applause here)! It was a long week, made longer by the fact that there was no wireless Internet in our hotel (I know I've said that a million times, but when you're used to the crack, it sucks when your dealer goes missing). Anyway, no more worries and boring days for you (and me)...I'm back!

And the even better news is I made it home in time to attend (yet another) wedding reception/after party for our close friend who got married last Saturday. This involved me landing...hopping in a bus to get to another terminal to pick up my luggage that arrived on an earlier flight that I was, unfortunately, unable to get on myself, catching a $60 cab home, asking the sweet cabbie to load my luggage directly in my car, then driving an hour to the wedding. This was all after waking up at 6am for a 7 o'clock meeting that morning, by the way. But the important thing is, I made it.

The reception was nice, but it was the after party that is blog-worthy. A little background...my in-laws (MamaE and Cowboy) have the perfect party place. A big back porch, lots of seating, a pool and, most importantly, no neighbors on either side. 90% of the weddings we attend (including our own) end up in the backyard after the reception is over.

I won't go into too many details...mainly because between the VO, wine, champagne and beer, I don't remember a whole lot. I will, however, give you a rundown of some of the highlights:
  1. SuperHusband and another friend in speedos - around midnight. And, yes, I have pictures...
  2. Naked people in the pool (including SuperHusband and the aforementioned friend, plus many others) - around 2am.
  3. The bride went off the diving board in her wedding gown (it's not like she's ever going to wear it again, right?).
  4. Sister and I pissed off two girls who didn't like our choice of music. I think they left...which was fine by us because if you don't like Rancid, you don't deserve to party with us.
  5. A girl I went to high school with was trying to have sex with some random guy in the bathroom. Because I knew her...oh...say 15 years ago, I was charged with ensuring this didn't happen. (I think her powers of seduction at that point were on par with her ability to speak without slurring, though...)

The aftermath of the party was pretty interesting, too.

  1. A thong on the kitchen floor...several pair of boxers in the backyard.
  2. Naked girl sleeping on the couch....other folks passed out throughout the house.
  3. Tons of empty bottles of champagne all around the pool.
  4. Vomit in several places throughout the house.
  5. A missing custom-made throw pillow.
  6. Every towel in the house had to be washed (bless MamaE, who spent the night doing laundry after returning from the Bahamas that afternoon).
  7. Found items: purse, bag with clothes and cocoa butter, camera, 2 dresses, 1 shirt.
  8. Lost items: gold clutch, camera (a different one that the one we found), several people's dignity

I know you totally want to come party with us now, huh? And you are definitely invited...just take your underwear with you when you leave.

Today's title selection: Nightrain - Guns N Roses

5 comments:

ATenorio said...

I am so glad you're back!!

Sounds like I missed some good times again. I think I have a hangover just reading the post. That bathroom gets a lot of action huh?

Sarah said...

Oh how I miss the 'Merce. Good times!

Lisamaree said...

Yes, and I am so glad you're back too!
Why do you still get to go to student rave level parties with grown up quality alcohol and I don't................
Oh that's right, K.I.D.S.
Well, at least it didn't decend into karaoke?
xx

ro said...

LOL...nope...no Karaoke this time. Although we did have a bar-quality karaoke machine for DoodleBug's second ...along with personlized koozies. That's how we roll....

mentor55 said...

Hi,I love to visit beet again and again, because the information provided here is not only true but also has been presented in an interested manner.
subaru impreza for sale//import cars for sale

Stealing Content Sucks!

© Copyright 2008, It Was Funny In My Head
All Rights Reserved.
itwasfunnyinmyhead at yahoo dot com